It’s Conference Season Yet Again, Have You Created a Plan to Get the Most Out of Your Experience?
I was excited to contribute to the article “Short and Sweet Networking Tips for Your Tax Practice.” which went live last week; the URL is https://taxprocenter.proconnect.intuit.com/practice-management/short-and-sweet-networking-tips-for-your-tax-practice/.
I love collaborating with other tax professionals about issues in our practices and our industry; again one of the advantages of attending industry specific conference.
Here is my full submission which included several other important points that I feel work well for any industry:
In our office we say “work or start with the end in mind”, this holds true for networking events too. You will get the most value from your time at an event if you attend with specific goals in mind:
- Attend with the attitude that you will make no more than three (3) strong new connections:
- professionals with a particular specialty who can be a resource for you
- business people who you can be a resource to, possibly someone who can refer business to you
- accountants who are looking to expand or consolidate their practice
- accountants or business people who have a solution to one or two of your firm concerns or “pain points”
- Request the attendee list prior to the event and try to familiarize yourself with several of the other attendees by looking at their websites and social media posts
- Collect and make notes on the business cards of those people who you will want to remain in contact with
- Send a LinkedIn connection invite with a short note within 3 days of the event to people who you will want to remain in contact with
- Take a picture of yourself with the event banner to use in a social media post
When I was drafting my comments I created a blog post that included benefits that cross all industries, here is the link to that blog post if you missed it previously:
Our team continues learning new skills and reviews opportunities for tax saving strategies under the new law, the TCJA to bring added value to our client meetings, and we’ve been doing this for over 25 years.
If you need help with your accounting, want to create a tax minimization plan, want to discuss your business growth plan or your finances, are concerned about retirement goals or need to be held accountable for your 90 day action plan, contact us for a complimentary discovery session or an appointment to just get started.